Experience. Integrity. Compassion.
Samantha V. Lednicky
- Criminal Defense
- Family Law
Samantha was born and raised in Shelburne, Vermont, and graduated with a B.A. in Psychology and Political Science from the University of Vermont in 2011. She went on to Northeastern University School of Law, graduating in 2015.
Samantha primarily represents criminal defendants in both state and federal matters as well as represents clients in divorces and custody disputes. Prior to joining Catamount Law, Samantha practiced civil litigation at another Vermont law firm for two and a half years. She tried and obtained favorable verdicts in her first two bench trial and has successfully negotiated numerous favorable settlements. During law school she worked as a law clerk for the District of Vermont U.S. Attorney’s Office, the Massachusetts Committee for Public Counsel Services, the Boston Juvenile Court, and Murdoch Hughes Twarog Tarnelli. At Northeastern University School of Law, Samantha was first a student attorney and then a teaching assistant for the Prisoner’s Assistance Project clinic where she represented clients seeking parole and a Legal Clinician for the Northeastern Law Civil Rights and Restorative Justice Clinic where she investigated cold homicide cases in Tennessee.
Samantha was a Super Lawyers rising star from 2017-2019 and is a Top Rated Attorney and received the Vermont Bar Association Pro Bono Award for 2020. Samantha is a local Vermonter who enjoys snowboarding, hiking, mountain biking, and sailing.
- Northeastern University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- J.D. - 2015
- Honors: Prisoner’s Assistance Project clinic, Teaching Assistant
- Honors: Northeastern Law Civil Rights, Legal Clinician
- Honors: Restorative Justice Clinic, Legal Clinician
- Honors: Student Attorney
- University of Vermont
- B.A. - 2011
- Major: Psychology and Political Science
- Vermont, 2015
- U.S. District Court District of Vermont, 2015
- Super Lawyers Rising Star
- Top Rated Attorney
- American Bar Association
- Chittenden County Bar Association
- Vermont Bar Association, Women’s Division, Chair
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National College for DUI Defense
- Vermont Association of Criminal Justice